Author: Addie Parker
•8:28 PM
So maybe Thankful THURSDAY wasn't the best idea. I should have done something like Thankful Sunday Afternoon or something. I always seem to be sooooo tired on Wednesday evenings when I sit down to write my Thankful Thursday posts. All I really want to do right now is curl up and watch Food Network Challenge: Disney Cakes.

I think I'll start writing my posts on Sunday and waiting til the next Thursday to post them. K? k.

But I'll still do it today. :) Just... maybe no linky. Just leave your links in the comments this week. K? k.




This week I'm thankful:

*for sweet, sweet moments spent with my nephews this weekend. Garrett, who is two years old, climbed up on my lap, threw his arms around my neck, and said, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!" about his Christmas presents.  And my sister, Britney, and I followed Austin into his room when we could see he was getting frustrated with the other kids. I saw a package of glow-in-the-dark stars sitting on his nightstand and suggested we put them up together. Britney applied the putty, I hoisted Austin on my shoulder, and Austin stuck the stars to the ceiling.  In less than ten minutes, we took his mood from down and dejected to happy and loved. And we did a little "decorating" in the meantime.  Those two moments were the best part of my week.

*for multiple opportunities that are coming up- on the job front on and the volunteering front. More on those if they pan out.

*for feeling a little bit like I belong. Every morning on my way to work (and on my way home, I suppose-ha), I drive down a road that goes past the back of my friend, Emily's house. Her kitchen light is always on, and somehow, it comforts me. Just knowing that she is there, that she's my friend, that she's not far away, that I am loved, that this town is my home. All of that in a split second view of her kitchen window. But it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

*for the discovery of Planter's NUTritious nut mixes. Yummy.

*that the Serena and Lily catalog came on the same day as the Crate & Barrel catalog. Mailbox Love!

*for the hilarity found within Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods. More on this book later. I think I'll write a post about it.

*for my husband for getting up to fetch the book for me. And for taking me out to sushi. And for putting up with my general high-maintenance-ness.

*for smiles that light up the room.




What are you thankful for???
|
This entry was posted on 8:28 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 Comments:

On 3:27 PM, January 07, 2010 , thismamablogs said...

That post warmed my heart :)

 
On 7:55 PM, January 07, 2010 , thismamablogs said...

http://thismamablogs.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/thankful-thursday/