Author: Addie Parker
•8:13 AM

Praise the bridge that carried you over.
~George Colman


I have to just be honest and say I completely forgot about Thankful Thursday this week. It has been a not-so-good week, and thankfulness has been the last thing on my mind. But I know that it helps so much to just bring my mind and heart back to that place. To think of the smallest little things that I'm thankful for.

And then I couldn't think of any. I just wasn't in the mindset. So I asked my husband for help. Here were his suggestions...


* My supportive husband

* My ridiculous good looks

* Ummm, birdies.

* Paula Deen, y'all.

Then he got silent for a while. When I told him to keep going, he said, "Oh, sorry, I was cussing out the people at your job in my head." hahaha. Hmm, that's pretty much what's been keeping me from being thankful! 

I'm telling myself to banish those thoughts! Ugh. They are no good. And even if the thoughts are justified, they're not helpful.

Back to being thankful.

* I'm thankful for the sunrise that was happening as I was sitting in the passenger seat writing this post.

* I'm thankful that I have a laptop and a husband who drives most of the way to work so that I'm able to write this post before work today.

* I'm thankful for the few extra minutes I have this morning so that I can stop at Panera and post this post before going to the doctor and going to work today.



* I'm thankful for my flex-spending health care account and the ability to get new glasses without the cost coming out of my regular budget

* I am really thankful for my supportive husband. On Monday, I got home from my small group, and he had cleaned the house. He's also been making dinner every night.



* I am thankful plans to spend time with my family this weekend. I've been looking forward to it all week, and it has kept me going each day.

What are you thankful for?

{A little bit of business}
1. Please link to your specific blog post, not your main blog page.
2. Please keep things clean and family-friendly.
3. Please link back to this post so that others can easily find their way back.
4. Include pictures if you can! I love pictures. : )


|
This entry was posted on 8:13 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Comments: