Author: Addie Parker
•9:02 PM
Poppies at Play is back after a little Christmas break, and today is the first Creative Cats Friday of the New Year. I've been looking forward to it... but not preparing for it.

I did plenty of creative things these past few weeks... I just haven't photographed them, yet.  And I'm not a great enough writer do this without pictures. So I browsed through my saved photos and came up with ....drumroll, please....


Get Up and Walk

My latest slap-some-paint-on-a-canvas creation.  And by latest, I mean I did this in October right before my foot surgery.

I love the part right near the beginning of Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version) where Lizzy walks the three miles to Netherfield Park.  She feels compelled to go be with her sister, and she walks there, without asking permission, without an invitation. She just gets up and walks. And I think she might be just a little bit excited about who else she'll see there (even if she doesn't know it or wouldn't admit it). She's determined. She's head-strong. She's independent. I love it.




ALSO- just before I started the painting, I bought Bethany Dillon's new CD, Stop and Listen. I was immediately hooked on the first song, Get Up and Walk.  I listened to it over and over while painting.  You should download it on itunes. Because then you would know what I'm talking about. In fact, use that itunes gift card you got for Christmas and download the whole CD. It's fantastic.

Anyway.

It also occurred to me while I was painting that I was about to undergo a surgery that would prevent me from walking for six or seven weeks straight. So I felt it was utterly necessary to paint this picture.  I'm so glad I did. It's the only painting I've done that I actually really love.  It's a keeper.

So that wraps up the laziest creative post ever. I completed the painting three months ago, took the pictures weeks ago, and did nothing but sit on the couch and type this post. Funny since it was all about Get Up and Walk.



I'm also participating in Kimba's DIY Day at A Soft Place To Land.
|
This entry was posted on 9:02 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Comments:

On 8:55 AM, January 08, 2010 , Andy Porter said...

I love the meaning behind your painting! It's beautiful. I totally love that movie. Sorry about your foot surgery! I'll have to take a listen to that cd. Thanks for linking today!

 
On 4:01 PM, January 08, 2010 , Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

I really love it -- the simplicity of the picture is what I admire!

 
On 5:11 PM, January 09, 2010 , thismamablogs said...

It's really too bad that you like that painting so much. I'd gladly steal it from you. :)