Author: Addie Parker
•7:31 PM



It's 2010! It's 2010! It's 2010!

Are you excited? I am!  There is so much to look forward to this year!!!! I've never been more excited to head into a new year. Things are happening, there are plans, much is in store!

I'll try to list them in chronological order as much as possible.... Here goes-

Starting now (well starting a little while ago, but whatever)- I think I'm finally in the right frame of mind to be losing weight. I know that's very New Year's Resolution-ey, but it really has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with the other plans and goals I have for 2010 and how they'll be SO MUCH better if I'm not so... fluffy.  I'm excited to have more energy, feel better, and look great!

February- Utah Trip!  My in-laws have invited us to go with them to their time-share in Park City this February. I don't ski (flashbacks of that horrible, horrible day when I was 13 years old and went down a ski-hill on my bum. The people above me in the lift laughed at me). So yeah, I don't ski, but I DO get massages. Yessss. And I do read by the fire. And I do soak in hot tubs. And I do shop.  So it's all good.

March- We'll be free of credit card debt! Wahoo! We made an infinite number of mistakes early on, but we're almost all done with that business! 

April- my friend Emily is due to have her baby boy! She is my first close friend to have a child, and I'm beyond excited.

Spring-ish- I'll be planting a vegetable garden this year!  Finally!  I'm looking forward to, oh, tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes- and I don't know what else. Ha. I haven't thought that far ahead, yet.

May- Marks five years of marriage! Holy cow. Time flies.

May- We're taking an anniversary mini-vacation.  A hiking trip. Not exactly sure where to, but it will be mountainous. Appalachian-ous.  Somewhere. I don't know why I haven't used any exclamation points in this one. It's the one I'm most excited about.  Hiking is my friend.

All Year- Speaking of hiking, since I had foot surgery in October, I'll be all healed up and ready to cover miles and miles of trails. Hiking is my most-favorite-ist thing to do. : )

Summer to fall-ish- Some people aren't comfortable telling this to the world, but I don't really care if y'all know (I'm excited about it!)... my husband and I will be starting to try for a baby!

July/August- I'm going on a hiking trip with my mom to the Porcupine Mountains in the U.P. (northern Michigan). This will be a different experience for me since I usually hike solo or with just one other person. This trip will be with a whole group of people. I'm kind of nervous but super excited.

As soon as I get a free moment- I'll be taking on a little kitchen renovation! Or Cosmetic Upgrade, really. My pink counter-tops are going DOWN!


2010 is going to be full of spectacular things.  I can't wait to get started!!!

Happy New Year to you! What are you plans? What does the start of this brand new decade have in store for you?

P.S. Are you of the twenty-ten sort? Or the two-thousand-ten sort? I like twenty-ten. I hope it catches on. I'm sick of saying two-thousand. Such a mouthful. ha ha ha
|
This entry was posted on 7:31 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 Comments:

On 5:38 PM, January 02, 2010 , Mary said...

Thanks for pointing me towards your new blog! Ever since your nephew was born I've enjoyed your writing. You're back in my Bookmarks folder. :) Happy New Year!

 
On 2:54 PM, January 03, 2010 , Addie said...

Yay! Mary's here! Hi Mary. :) Welcome back.

 
On 10:57 AM, January 04, 2010 , thismamablogs said...

Yay! We can comment again!!
So...I'm super excited for all of your 2010 plans but mostly the idea that I might get to be an aunt again!!! You'll be a fantastic mom...I know it.

 
On 6:40 PM, January 04, 2010 , Addie said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'm not all that confident in myself (visions of panicky over-protectiveness and all that jazz), but I'll get there, I suppose!