Author: Addie Parker
•7:09 PM
My sister just informed me that my comments aren't working. Again. Boo.  I was wondering why all of you all of a sudden stopped commenting! I thought maybe I was just being too dull (and maybe I was, so you didn't even try to comment, so you didn't know there was a commenting problem- ha!).

I just checked my comment settings, and everything looks good, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the html. Which has something to do with my current layout. Which has been giving me problems from the very beginning.

For starters, I think it's annoying that the comment and post feed links are right up at the top (and on there twice for some reason). And there's the wacky way that the top of the "notebook" thingy is not lined up. And the comment thing. Plus, I'm not sure I'm in love with the grunge-ified look. I have a really hard time finding blog backgrounds that I like. What would be awesome would be to have a blog custom-designed. But that costs money, and that's money I'm not willing to spend right now.

So I will spend some time this weekend making over my blog. Hopefully at the end, things will be prettier and more functional. And you'll be able to leave me a comment to tell me so.

In the meantime, why don't you hop on over to Anna See's blog, An Inch of Gray. Her posts are cracking me up lately. Especially this one. And this one.

Update: Let's do some math; a story problem, k?
I got up at 3:00 this morning. I worked for 14 hours. I then spent almost three hours searching for a blog theme that I even remotely liked.  What percentage of me wants to give up?

The answer: 50%.

I want to give up searching for a pre-made blog theme that I like.  But I think that maybe, just maybe, I can make one myself. I don't have photoshop. I don't have any other editing software. But I have an internet connection, and therefore, I have google. I can do this. ...on Sunday. Because right now I'm going to go to bed, and tomorrow I'm going to celebrate Christmas with my dad's side of the family. So on Sunday, I will attempt what I previously thought to be impossible, given that I have no knowledge and no skills in this area. That's never stopped me before.

If you have any suggestions for how I should go about this, please email me at lifewithalady@gmail.com.  Before Sunday.

Thank you and goodnight.
|
This entry was posted on 7:09 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Comments: