Author: Addie Parker
•6:53 AM
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


If you are on Facebook or Twitter, you most certainly could not have missed the barrage of "I'm Thankful" tweets and status updates during the days leading up to Thanksgiving. For the better part of a month, my friends and family (and random bloggy people I follow) were tweeting and updating, "Today I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and kids." "Today I'm thankful for the roof over my head." "Today I'm thankful for grilled cheese with the face of Mary, Mother of God, on it."  Stuff like that.

I wonder how thankful I was this season. I didn't think much about it. Probably because I've been in kind of an emotional slump. Feeling a little depressed, feeling a little hopeless. But that is so not an accurate snapshot of my life!

I am so blessed!

Yes, there are troubles. No, nothing is perfect. Yes, there are things I want and things I question, and things I wish and hope and pray for. But I am so blessed!  I have a job that pays well enough and has good health benefits. I have a roof over my head, and I am in no danger of not being able to pay my bills. I have a husband who loves me more than I deserve. I have a big, crazy family who make me laugh. I have the best friends I could ever imagine. And I have a personal relationship with the God who's mercies are new every morning.

There is so much more. I could write for a very long time about what I am blessed with and thankful for. And I believe that if I do that frequently- if I call to mind on a regular basis all of the things that make my life wonderful- I will be more worshipful. More full of praise. Better able to recall the good when the bad hits hard.

Every week here at Life with a Lady, I will host a Thankful Thursday party. Please link up and/or comment and share what you are thankful for this week. And keep your thankfulness in mind all week. Together, we can keep a spirit of gratefulness and thanksgiving year round.






This week I am thankful for the person who was kind enough to stop and leave a note on my car telling me I had a flat. I wouldn't have noticed until I started driving because I don't approach the car from that direction.

This week I am thankful that I had enough money set aside for emergencies to cover the purchase of four new, high quality tires.

This week I am thankful that I am strong enough and confident enough in myself to change a tire {Do you know how many people told me I couldn't do it?!}.

This week I am thankful that my foot is healing.

This week I am thankful that my church has hired a new worship leader!

This week I am thankful for Steel Magnolias, chocolate, and a cozy bed at the end of the day.

This week I am thankful for a supportive bra. 







What are you thankful for?  Link up with your Thankful Thursday post and/or leave a comment letting everyone know what you are thankful for.

{A little bit of business}
1. Please link to your specific blog post, not your main blog page.
2. Please keep things clean and family-friendly.
3. Please link back to this post so that others can easily find their way back.
4. Include pictures if you can! I love pictures. : ) 

 

|
This entry was posted on 6:53 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Comments: