Author: Addie Parker
•7:38 PM
Are you ready to see what I've been working on for my Christmas decorations?! I'm ready to show you.




The first Christmas-decorating thing I did this year was so simple. And fun. You should try it.

First, I found a silhouette-type graphic of the three wise men and a camel. I sized it how I wanted it on my computer, then printed it off onto black card stock. Yes. It was black ink on black card stock. A little hard to see, but it served its purpose.



Then I grabbed the scissors and got to work. I cut out all the little, intricate details. I even had to get out the craft knife (which I hate using) at the end for the really tight stuff.




After these little guys were all cut out (and a star, too!), I just put some scrapbooking adhesive on the front of them, reached up under the lamp shade, and stuck 'em up there!




When the lamp is off, nothing is visible. But at 7:00 PM, the timer turns on, and- MAGIC! Three wise men and their camel in my lampshade! Delightful.

You can go to Creative Cats Friday to see what other lovely ladies have been crating this week!
|
This entry was posted on 7:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Comments:

On 10:53 PM, November 27, 2009 , Andy Porter said...

How cool!! Since we'll be renting this Christmas, I've been trying to figure out some decorations that I don't have to tack anything into the walls. Great idea!!

 
On 11:28 PM, November 27, 2009 , Leanne said...

It looks beautiful. I put bats on the inside of my lampshades for Halloween and have wanted to do something like this for Christmas. Great idea!

 
On 4:39 AM, November 29, 2009 , Sparta Savings said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I just don't know if I have your patience to cut it out myself. Great job!