Author: Addie Parker
•6:41 PM
Remodeling Guy just posted a little survey. He's gathering info for his blog so that he can better cater to his readers (including me, yeah). I read through the questions and decided that in addition to answering his survey, I would post my answers here. This is a new blog, and I think it's a great way for you to get to know me (or at least get to know my remodeling side. :)  You can take his survey, too, at RemodelingGuy.net. He's not sharing your answers with anyone except himself. But if you want to share your answers here with me, I'd love to get to know you, too!

Addie!

No, but thank you for asking.

lifewithalady@gmail.com

US

Michigan

Yes

No kids, yet. Soon, maybe.

No.


I would really like to have a home that I am completely comfortable in, without having a bank account that bleeds. I am willing to do so much by myself to save money, but if I'm talking to a professional, it means it's a job that is too big for me. I need the professional to understand that I just want to make small improvements, but I want them to be done well. I need to be able to trust him or her to to a good job and charge a fair price.


About Your Home!



  • Check.

4

1


  • Check.

1978

The Heart of The Matter!!

Here are the questions that will really help me to better serve you!


I want to be delighted at every turn.
In that pursuit, I try to find a balance between need and want. The needs (like our back deck) make me grumpy. The wants (like crown molding) excite me.



Budget is always the biggest hurdle. After that, I find that I'm always doing projects on my own. My husband is not interested in home improvement. This makes bigger projects impossible most of the time. 


I do the work around the house. If a project needs more than I can give, it doesn't get done unless absolutely necessary (like repairing the refrigerator). Hiring a professional is very intimidating to me, and I am always scared of what they will tell me it will cost.


Depends on the job. For most jobs, I'd probably hire a handyman type. I would only hire a company if it were something like an addition. The professional image is semi-important. I don't care how the person dresses, if they cut their hair or shave their beard. That doesn't matter. What does matter is that they don't smell (that matters A LOT if they're going to be spending time in my home), they're clean (no tracking in mud, getting oily fingerprints on the furniture, etc), and they are respectful. Also, I would say that smoking is not an option.


Do you ever watch that show on HGTV, Holmes on Homes?  Well, I do. Mike Holmes does a fantastic job.... fixing everyone else's mistakes. What if I do it wrong? What if the person I hire because I don't know how to do it does it wrong? Are mistakes going to be made that are going to end up costing me thousands? 


Is it worth it to make all these changes? Am I going to see a return on my investments when I go to sell in five or six years? 


I would love to buy a piece of land that is not too far out of town but still secluded and quiet. I would like it to have a little stream. I would like to have a new house built that meets all of my needs.  I would like to stay there for a very long time.


Well, yeah. All of the above. But most specifically, I visit your blog for instruction and encouragement. I was hooked as soon as you posted about spray painting cabinets.  {That was for Remodeling Guy. For the rest of y'all, I like looking at your craft and decorating projects for inspiration. And I like the blogging community. Even though my last blog had to end, I would really love it if this blog had some faithful readers and commentors like my last blog did. Hopefully that will come in time.}
|
This entry was posted on 6:41 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Comments: