Author: Addie Parker
•10:35 AM
I interrupt your Monday morning to bring you some important bloggy business. Thank you for attending my impromptu meeting.

First, Old Business.  Well, there is no Old Business since this is a new blog.

So- New Business.

1. I was informed that it was impossible to comment on my posts. So sad because I LOVE comments! I made some changes to my settings, so hopefully that situation is rectified. I also now allow everyone to comment without moderation, including anonymous bloggers. But please don't be anonymous! When you comment, I'd like to have the option of commenting back, going to your blog, making it a conversation, and getting to know you!  Let's spread some comment love, shall we?!

2. I now have a "contact me" thingy over there on the right side of the page. See it?  Now you can send me emails, too.  .... What? You have nothing to send me an email about? Oh, c'mon. Sure you do. : )
"Dear Lady, Why don't you have a real name? Love, Blogger."
"Dear Lady, Could you please help me decide what color to paint my little girl's room? Love, Blogger."
"Dear Lady, Where is the best place to go hiking in Michigan? Love, Blogger."
"Dear Lady, I have a million dollars to send to you. What is your address? Love, Blogger."
See? There are lots of things to email me about.

3. I was thinking... I need a NAME!  I used to have this great blog (well, I thought it was great). But someone else didn't think it was so great. And because I used my name a lot in it, they were able to really cause some trouble in my life. So when I started this new blog a few weeks ago, I decided to just be The Lady from Life With A Lady. But it's not really working for me. You know? Yeah, I like being The Lady, but I feel like I need a stronger identifier. I need real name. Just not my real name. Because even my first name is pretty unique. A stage name. A blog name. What should I be? Who should I be? Ideas? I need to decide soon.
I like Anna, but that is currently taken by multiple people in my life, so it's kind of off limits. I just feel like if I weren't *insert my real real name here*, I would certainly be an Anna.
So, not Anna. What else? Maybe I should look through a baby name book. Yeah? Okay. I'll just flip through and see what I see.
Ooh! Addie. That's cute! I think maybe there's an American Girl doll named Addie. Maybe.
Bella. That was my nickname growing up. But I didn't love Twilight enough to go that route, so no.
Ella. Taking the B off of Bella. That could work!
Frank. I think it'd be fun to be a girl named Frank. hehehe
Kate? Love it, but there are too many Kates.
Kendall. It means "Ruler of the Valley."  That's Ruler of the Blog, to you!
Maren? I could be a Maren.
Molly. I could be a Molly, too.
Noelle? That's fun. I kinda want to name a baby girl Noelle, but I don't think I'd have the guts to do it.
Sadie. I just bought something from an Etsy shop called Sadie'sTheLady. Love it. But I don't want to copy.

So what do you think? I'm choosing soon, so get your two cents in before it's too late!




4. Guess what! My tissue paper bow tutorial was mini-featured on Poppies at Play! I'm so excited! Thanks, ladies! Poppies at Play is a collaborative blog, and they have a Creative Cats party every Friday so we can all show off what our creative sparks of genius have come up with lately. It's fun. I'm so honored that they liked my project!

I think that wraps up our little town hall meeting. Anything to add? No? Okay. Meeting adjourned. Thanks for coming!
|
This entry was posted on 10:35 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 Comments:

On 10:48 AM, November 09, 2009 , The Lady said...

Just testing the comment function!!!

 
On 11:40 AM, November 09, 2009 , Andy Porter said...

Yay!! I felt so bad that no comments could be made on your blog...I tried to find contact info, but didn't have any luck. I'm glad you've got it working....as far as names go, I have an Addie myself, so I'll have to play favorites and go with that. Although along the lines of Frank, I did want to name my last girl Frankie. I think it's totally cute, but the hubs didn't like it. Anyhoo, good luck!

~Andy @ Poppies@Play

 
On 12:54 PM, November 09, 2009 , thismamablogs said...

Take the "No" off of Noelle and go with Elle. :) Love it.

 
On 9:50 PM, November 09, 2009 , Jen said...

I can't call you anything else. It's weird. I'll just silently call you your real name in my head. :) hehe....

 
On 12:44 AM, November 10, 2009 , Dayka said...

Um, i hate hearing that someone was causing havoc in your life with your name from your blog. Hopefully it was someone you know and not a random stalker--that would be really scary.